A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Another Mash-Up (Registered Cossack)

For the last few decades of the 16th century until about midway through the 17th century, the Registered Cossacks were the mainstay of the Commonwealth's infantry. For the Khmelnytsky Uprising, the vast majority of them defected to Khmelnytsky's banner, sometimes mid-battle. I'm going to try to force myself to make eight of these, so I can field a full unit of them with my Poles in pre-Uprising armies, but for Berestechko I'll just sprinkle them (however many I do make) amongst their non-uniformed comrades.

The legs and right arm are WGF Persian Infantry; the left arm is Celtic Cavalry; and his torso, gun, sword, head and ammo pouch are all WSS. I need to remember to greenstuff a jacket collar before I paint him, but otherwise he's good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment