A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ivan Bohun, Cossack commander

This is my interpretation of Ivan Bohun, one of the Cossack commanders at Berestechko. He commanded the infantry in the last days of the battle. He survived the defeat there, and participated at the Battle of Batih where the Cossacks avenged themselves on the Commonwealth.

I've based him pretty closely on the second picture in that wikipedia article, even though it looks a bit anachronistic to me - the pelisse-looking jacket thingy seems particularly odd, to my (admittedly untrained) eye. But whatever, it's a dashing image.

As usual, I see some things to touch-up now that I've photographed the thing.




And just for fun, a picture showing Ivan with his opposite number, Mikolaj Potocki. I think the difference in character between the two historical figures comes across rather nicely in their differing poses.



No comments:

Post a Comment