A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Muscovite Reiters

Been a while since I tried any really interesting kitbashing, so here's one. the torsos are from Warlord Games' (formerly Wargames Factory's) War of Spanish Succession cavalry, the horses and some arms are from Warlord Games ECW cavalry, and the heads / legs / other arms are from Gripping Beast's Arab cavalry. These represent the "new style" reiters incorporated into the Russian army post-Smolensk to supplement the traditional feudal horse. I will field them in Pikeman's Lament as Veteran Trotters.




Apologies for the gaps and mold lines on the horses, guess I'm a little out of practice.

4 comments:

  1. Great local cavalry turned out! The battles of the 30 year war you are not playing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My collection is mostly inspired by The Deluge (the Khmelnitsky war and subsequent invasions of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by Sweden and Russia), but I am interested in the 39 Years War too.

      Honestly, I don't *play* much of anything... my friends prefer board games and RPGs, so for wargaming I mostly just collect.

      Delete
  2. The shape conversion is very good. Standard miniatures acquired a completely different look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cavalry, great job!

    ReplyDelete