A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Mounted Crossbows for Italian Wars

Post-move pandemic hobbying continues! I built a batch of mounted crossbows, mostly from the Perry light cavalry box but with a handful of Warlord's landsknecht bits to bring them into the early years of the 16th century.





My ultimate goal, which I don't think I've actually mentioned on this blog yet, is to field both sides of the Battle of Novara (1513). I'm using Olicanalad's blog as a reference for force construction. It's not so much due to any particular interest in this exact battle, as it is a way to guide and constrain my general interest in Landsknecht, Swiss, and associated early-1500s troop types.

Don't worry, I intend to swing back around to 17th-c Eastern Europe soonish...

No comments:

Post a Comment