A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mold Lines Aplenty

I could have sworn I cleaned up these plastics before painting them, but clearly I was mistaken. Grumble grumble.

These models represent the King's Footguard, the infantry component of the Royal Guard of the Polish Vasa dynasty (the last of which, Jan II Kazimierz, was king and supreme commander at Berestechko). The blue-and-yellow "Swedish" look is no accident - the Vasas considered themselves the rightful kings of Sweden, and alluded to this with their soldiers' uniforms.

The Osprey book only defines the colors of the regiment's coat, so I made up the rest of the scheme pretty much off the top of my head. I might go back and paint the pants blue to make them look a little more posh and properly royal. Or maybe not - they may be the king's lifeguard, but they're still the poor bloody infantry...





No comments:

Post a Comment