A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reindeer!

Just a quick work-in-progress. I was trying to figure out what to do with all the wargames factory horses that had given up their tails for my tasseled pancerni from back in the day. Well, at some point during the December holiday season, I realized that reindeer are basically horses with stumpy little tails and big antlers. Also they have shaggy necks instead of proper manes. So a bit of greenstuff work and wire later...



There will be more, this is just a test figure. I may also make riders - I don't think Gustavus actually had reindeer-riding Livlander scouts like in the woodcut below, but it would be cool to have some anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment