A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

More WiP Pancerni (I'm on a roll!)

Six more normal Pancerni here.






And then, two unit leaders and a musician. The musician was easy, just a Warlord Games cavalry trumpeter arm. I will eventually make a kettledrummer for the other musician, that will be a bit more involved. The commanders are both wearing scale mail. At first I didn't know what to do with the one scale-armored body in the Normans box, but then I remembered seeing something about scale armor as a "Sarmatist" affectation for Commonwealth officers, something like this or some of these. So, I decided to use the scaled Norman after all, and a random Rohan guy too.





Now, these guys will probably need a little more embellishment before they look properly "Sarmatian", and I think the golden age of Sarmatism was during Jan III Sobieski's reign, not Jan II Casimir's which is the era I'm theoretically collecting, but I'd rather be slightly anachronistic than waste a couple perfectly good bodies.

1 comment:

  1. They look great.

    Im sure that extra detail you spent time on the chainmail will look great with paint on them.

    ReplyDelete