A tabletop gaming blog, with a vague bias towards Central/Eastern Europe and the Early Modern period.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Some Commandery Types

Figured I'd show off some works-in-progress. I've got some genuine Eastern Europe character types on their way from TAG, but my out-of-period Perry miniatures arrived earlier.




All of these started off as ACW generals (of the treasonous racist variety), but by tweaking the headgear and a few other details they can make passable Cossacks and Poles. The leftmost is going to be Filon Djalali, one of the Khmelnitsky's subordinates at Berestechko. But if he turns out well enough, I might swap his sword for a mace and have him replace my earlier Ivan Bohun. They have a similar sort of dashing heroic pose.

The dude on the right is supposed to represent Jeremi Wisniowecki. I love his cool, imperious pose, and I added longer hair and a bunch of fur lining to represent this portrait of the guy. Also a hat, even if the portrait doesn't have one, because headgear seems almost mandatory for the era.

The guy in the middle doesn't represent any particular historical guy. His gloves looked quite reiter-ish to me, so I gave him a floppy western hat and plume from the Warlord infantry box, and sculpted a quick lace collar. I might just have him be Wisniowecki's aide, they do look like they're conversing. Or of course he could be a Swede if I ever run my western-style guys as Swedish force.

2 comments: