Ok, now that I've eased back into the whole "conversion" business, I figured it's high time for a more ambitious bit of work, especially if it can involve greenstuff. So I took a good long look at this guy, a typical example of 17th century Polish cavalry, and then marshalled my Wargames Factory sprues and my greenstuff and my tools, and produced this:
It's still WiP, needing the sword and shield and holstered pistol and maybe some additional decoration on the horse gear, and plenty of miscellaneous cleaning. But I think this gives a decent sense of how it's coming together. Even in his present state, dude's got some character.